Thursday, May 5, 2011

Never Land

The wicked sense of a twisted wretch
Maintains the second blend of what comes next
Confusion compiles and runs thicker than the Nile
Flowing freedom, at lease for awhile
Take a drink soak it in
Because what comes after is worse than sin
An immovable pin in your side
Remember that pain made you feel alive
Even though you didn’t win
Contribute to the doctrine
That releases love within
So then the pain subsides
Without producing incarcerated lives
You toe tip the water scared of the cold
So you hold the sun and watch the clay mold
Hoping for a safe stroll down memory lane
But traffic left me gutted and back where I came
Told what would happen and started relaxing
Enjoyed the view and became a wax statue
A replica of past actions
Inhaling regret and stuck in last class
A futuristic past refrains from the truth
Spoke the word but only lies got through
Filtered by tattoos of blades piercing the skin
And a fat fool in shades fearing the wind
Cotton gin wrapped up in time release
Screaming at mine to put my mind at ease
Sick of this world so I booked a flight to sea
Poseidon threw me back on earth’s highest peak
Followed my feet towards the wisest sheik
Obsolete deeds proceeded my flee
Until apprehended with a mended decree
Left me broken with no air to breathe
Now with dusty vision and a clear path to see
I’m left feeling lucky
In prison enjoying walls that bleed

No comments:

Post a Comment